We appreciate the opportunity to provide Monthly Bookkeeping Services for your business. To ensure clarity, this Engagement Agreement will describe the scope of work to be performed by Etrends Group herein noted as “Etrends”, and the additional services available.
Engagement: Etrends has been contracted to provide Monthly Bookkeeping Services starting with the month noted at the end of this agreement.
The following tasks will be performed for each month:
- Input and reconciliation of all banking transactions.
- Posting payroll and adjusting journal entries
- Preparation of monthly accounting packet to include: Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss, General Ledger, and copies of your source documents. Organized and delivered in a pdf file.
Upon the occurrence of the following circumstances, Etrends will need to be notified to ensure that the applicable American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) accounting and review standards are complied with:
- Preparation of financial statements prior to audit or review by another accountant;
- Preparation of financial statements for an entity to be presented alongside the entity’s tax return;
- Preparation of personal financial statements for presentation alongside a financial plan;
- Preparation of single financial statements, such as a Balance Sheet or Income Statement for financial statements with substantially all disclosures omitted; and/or
- Using the information in the GL to prepare financial statements outside of an accounting software system.
Documents Required:To complete the bookkeeping services noted herein, Etrends must obtain the following documents. If these documents are not provided in a timely manner, the timeframe listed below will be extended accordingly. The required documents include:
- All business bank and credit card statements for the period or view only access to business bank and credit card accounts.
- Verification documents for all bank deposits, i.e. deposit slip, invoices, cash register receipts, etc.
- All business checks cleared for the period. An electronic format or bank generated copies are acceptable.
- Receipts for business related purchases paid with cash register funds and/or petty cash funds.
- Receipts for business related purchases paid with personal funds.
- Copy of loan/finance documents for new equipment.
- An in-house liaison to answer any questions Etrends Group may have.
*Please note, during the course of this Engagement Agreement other documents may be required.
Timeframe:Monthly bookkeeping services will be completed by the 25 business day of each month. Timeframe will be extended if required documents are not received in a timely manner.
Fees:Etrends fee for the services listed in this Engagement Agreement were provided in the quote you received from us. The rate will be re-evaluated three months from accepted date. All catch-up bookkeeping work will be billed at our hourly rate of $100 to $150 per hour.
A credit card must be left on file and will be charged on the 1st of each month. Etrends will email your monthly invoice showing paid by the 7th of each month. Monthly bookkeeping services will not be processed until payment has been received and cleared.
The agreed upon fee in your quote will be charged immediately for months dating back to starting month referenced at the end of this engagement letter.
Hardware and Software Warranties: During the course of this Engagement Agreement, Etrends may recommend purchases and/or installations of computer hardware, software, communications, or services. Warranties, to the extent they exist, are provided only by the manufacturer/vendor of those computer products.
Additional Services Available:You may request that Etrends perform additional services not included in this Engagement Agreement. If this occurs, Etrends will generate an additional service Engagement Agreement for review and signature, outlining the scope and estimated cost of these additional services. An additional service Engagement Agreement may be quoted as a fixed or hourly rate. Examples of services excluded from this Engagement Agreement include:
- Additional bookkeeping assistance, including training and payroll.
- Year-end tax services, including 1099 preparation, business federal and state income tax services and personal federal and state income tax services.
- Hosted QuickBooks service.
Termination:Within ten (10) days of the execution of this Engagement Agreement, all required documents and payments set forth herein must be made available to Etrends. If either of these stipulations has not been met within thirty (30) days, Etrends will return any documents in their possession, and the Engagement Agreement will become null and void.
This Engagement Agreement may be terminated by either party with not less than thirty (30) days written notice. Etrends shall be compensated for services and reimbursable expenses incurred prior to receipt of notice of termination.
Approvals:We are pleased to have you as a client and look forward to a long and pleasant association. If the terms of this Engagement Agreement are acceptable, please sign and date.